Groups with successful applications will be advised towards the end of October/beginning of November.
The Live Here Love Here small grants scheme is a new grants scheme open to volunteer groups looking to complete an environmental or community improvement project in their local area.
‘Live Here Love Here’ is a new and exciting initiative that takes a fresh approach to improving our local environment and building a sense of civic pride in our local communities. Launched by Keep Northern Beautiful in association with the Department of the Environment, Northern Ireland Tourist Board and twelve local councils, the small grants scheme provides support to volunteer projects which aim to:
• Improve the quality of the local environment
• Enhance the environmental management of a local area
• Contribute to the development of civic pride within a community with a focus on environmental improvement
Grants are available from £500 to £5,000 and are open to volunteer groups undertaking projects in the following Council areas*:
• Antrim Borough Council
• Ards Borough Council
• Ballymena Borough Council
• Belfast City Council
• Carrickfergus Borough Council
• Dungannon and South Tyrone Borough Council
• Fermanagh District Council
• Larne Borough Council
• Limavady Borough Council
• Newry and Mourne District Council
• Newtownabbey Borough Council
• Strabane District Council
Please note: The total grant amount distributed to projects within a participating Council area will be in proportion to the funding contribution made by that Council to the scheme.
Projects must take place within the boundaries of the participating Council areas by groups operating within those Council areas to qualify.
Article from: www.keepnorthernirelandbeautiful.org